What is Platelet Rich Plasma?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a blood plasma concentrate with approximately 3-5 times the normal circulating platelets in the blood. This concentrate also contains growth factors like PDGF, VEGF, and TGF with other bioactive proteins. All these factors make it a great candidate for skin rejuvenation.
How Does PRP Therapy Help?
PRP therapy utilizes one’s own plasma to stimulate collagen production and skin tissue regeneration to allow the removal of wrinkles and fine lines. This makes the skin smooth and enhances skin texture and tone. PRP therapy is minimally invasive and poses no serious side effects if aseptic conditions and the right infusion procedures are followed.
How PRP Differs From Fillers Or Other Injections?
Normal hyaluronic acid fillers used for skin folds can go for 6-18 months and have to be redone after a certain period of time. PRP is a natural therapy that boosts your own body tissue to regenerate without any need for artificial fillers. Fillers help in removing skin lines and folds but PRP additionally focuses on improvising skin tone and making the skin tight naturally, promoting total skin rejuvenation.
Common Expectations after PRP Therapy
- A bit of swelling and redness on the targeted areas.
- A hint of temporary bruises will go away in a few days.
- No serious side effects like graft rejection.
- Keep the skin hydrated by drinking water and using moisturizers(take doctor’s advice)
Benefits of PRP Therapy for Skin Rejuvenation
- Non-Invasive: PRP Therapy is non-surgical and uses microneedles for the infusion.
- Quick: PRP Therapy can take as little as 30 minutes. When the Platelet Rich Plasma is activated, it mimics an injury response, leading the healing and growth factors to work for remodeling the epidermis. Results are noticed within the first few weeks of the first treatment.
- Long-Lasting: PRP Therapy is a natural process without any artificial filler and thus it supports the body’s own system to aid rejuvenation, thus making it long-lasting.
- All-Natural Therapy: The body naturally produces all the ingredients that are necessary to rejuvenate the skin. The PRP concentrate is also a bioactive concentrate that boosts the body’s natural rejuvenation machinery. There is no chance of an allergic reaction or infection as there are no synthetic fillers in use.
Know more about PRP and PRP Kit
The extraction of PRP in lab settings requires a lot of standardization and optimization to get an optimum load of platelets in the concentrate. Often lab personnel does not get a good yield of platelets and thus the therapy the follows becomes ineffective. This issue is solved by the use of PRP kits that enhance the yield of platelet concentrate and provides minimal work of standardization. Advancells PRP is a one-of-a-kind gold standard kit for obtaining optimized bioactive platelet concentrate and growth factors from the blood. The point-of-care kit can be used by doctors and clinicians efficiently in the bedside setting for preparing a holistic PRP concentrate. For more details and related inquiries, mail firstname.lastname@example.org